Home Restoration, Log 2

Restoration, Log 2

Another day of DeLorean repair. Today’s work involved re-threading the battery strap and rebuilding the driver’s side inner rear CV joint.

Mike came over and helped with the joint. We just took out the rear left half-shaft, cleaned and rebuilt the joint, and reinstalled the shaft. It’s raining out and also quite dark by now, so I haven’t done a road test – but it looks better than new.

The battery strap is a huge pain in my ass. I’m not quite sure what I’m going to do with it, as only one half of the strap is adjustable, and it’s cut to length specifically for the original battery, which is no longer available, and of course is no longer in the car. I’ll figure something out, i guess…

Anyway, that’s all for now. No pictures of the CV joint work as it was just too frigging messy to deal with a camera.I

I also discovered a torn air intake hose while under the car, so that’s another new job. No big deal and should be pretty easy to replace.

Now if you’ll excuse me, i’m off to degrease all my tools.

This post is licensed under CC BY 4.0 by the author.